Scraping sound

VERNIEKTHOMPSON
  • 2015 GMC ACADIA
To me it sounds like it is from the front of the vehicle but I can't be for sure. It is a rotational scraping kind of sound. It isn't a constant scrape but more like a scrape when it hits a certain spot in a rotation. It is noticeably loud as well. I have had the front brakes changed because I thought that was the issue at first.

Pressing on the brakes does not seem to make the sound change in any way. Sometimes I can drive and it won't make it, other times it is consistent. I have also checked the shields on the back of the brakes and they are not touching anything.

The wheel bearings also seem to have no play in the when you try to wiggle the tire while it is jacked up.

The sound only occurs while driving. Not when sitting still. It also doesn't seem to make any sounds when I spin the tires while it is jacked up.

Any thoughts you might have would be appreciative. I really don't want it to be a transmission issue.
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 10:56 AM

STEVE W.
It sounds like you covered most of the bases so far. Could you shoot a video of it and post it on here so we can hear it? That might make it easier.
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 11:32 AM