2004 Saturn Vue AC not cooling well

GLAMPTON
  • 2004 SATURN VUE

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Saturn Vue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

My ac is cooling in my saturn some but when the car isn't moving it really blows warm air. The air seems somewhat humid coming out. When it's cooler outside it seems to work fine however add humidity and heat and it's uncomfortable.

Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 9:09 AM

SATURNTECH9

Is your car running hot when it's not moving?Let me know.

-1
Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 1:21 PM
GLAMPTON

Not on the gauges but the air when stopped isn't nearly as cool as when moving. I took it yesterday to check the ac freon level and was told it was e vaced and re charge with the appropriate level of freon and oil. He said the low pressure side is running high but the other side is fine. I was also told that the compressor was tired and needed to be replaced and also the condensor. I was quoted 2000.00 for the repair including labor. I have found parts on line much cheaper but not sure if I can find someone to install. How in the world is it so tired when the car is only 6 years old and the ac is only used 3 months out of the year? Any suggestions?

Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 9:14 AM
SATURNTECH9

I have replaced those compressor under warranty thing's fail when they fail doesn't matter how many year's or mile's.I have replaced water pump's at 1400 mile's so there's a example of that. So is the condensor leaking?That's why I usually replace those. If you had the high and low pressure's from the a/c I could tell you more.

-1
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 11:20 AM