WON'T GO FASTER THAN 35 MPH

2003 Saturn Vue

Pat Kay

March, 3, 2008 AT 8:01 PM

2003 Saturn Vue 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 92000 miles

starts runs rough smooths out 3000 rpm. Has codes p0440 evap emissions, p0481 cool fan circutit 2, p1599 a/c press. Switch low. P1512 batt sense line 2, p1682 charging system low. The reduced power light is on with SES light. A new $550 cat. Converter was installed. The vehicle will not go over 35 mph. This is a drive by wire system. It does not seem to make any difference if you are half throttle or full throttle. Could it be the throttle position sensor on the pedal?

433mouse

December, 20, 2009 AT 5:42 PM

I have a 2002 Vue my Vue did that before. It was when I was towing something heavy. I read the manual and it said that there was a sensor that notices towing and prevents your Vue from going over 35 to prevent damage to your Vue. Have you towed anything w/ your Vue prior to this problem? If so maybee the sensor got stuck and is still thinking that you are towing something. I hope this helps you!