2003 Saturn Vue My Vue shakes violently when I put it in re

TAMMYJOSTANFORD
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
  • AWD
My truck has been running fine. No symptoms of ANYTHING wrong. Today I started it and when I put it in reverse it shook violently. When I put it in drive, the same thing. There is very low power and I have to really press on the gas to make it go. I was able to drive about 5 miles going 30 MPH to the garage. Now I am waiting. Any thoughts?
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 12:23 PM

SATURNTECH9
Without hearing some codes hard to say whats going on. So its a 4 cyclinder vue auto?If it is hopefully its not the side cover on the transmission that went bad. Was the engine running bad or was the transmission just sliping causing it to shake?Let me know what they find as far as engine codes and all that.
Louie
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 1:20 PM
TAMMYJOSTANFORD
I was told that it is a cracked coil pack. They attempted to explain it to me but I just undesrtand it's an ignition issue. AM I correct? And I also understand that he is charging me 400 bucks. Yikes. Thank you for responding to my question. Do you have any thoughts on this new information?
Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 8:30 AM
SATURNTECH9
Yes the coil is the ignition there is a coil pack on that with two coils molded together u cant change just one.I have never really seen them crack but have seen them fail he is probably just saying it failed. But it makes sense I know the coi packs arent cheap then labor to install it and then diagnose it it all adds up fast. Well let me know how it comes out.
Louie
Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 11:08 AM
TAMMYJOSTANFORD
Thank you so much for your input and help. I understand what is wrong now thanks to you! Thanks again! Tammy
Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 1:05 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your very welcome glad I could help you. Don't forget to leave ne feedback that would be greatly appreciated.
Louie
Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 1:52 PM