2000 Saturn SL2 Vehicle will turn over, but not start. In

TEARDON777
  • 2000 SATURN SL2
Last night, I drove my Saturn to a friends home, every thing worked fine on the trip to her home. When I was about to leave her home, I attempted to start my car, it would turn over, but not start.

I checked the instrumentation panel for a code from the check engine light, there was none. Today I took it into a mechanic, told them I wished to have a diagnostics done on the vehicle to identify the problem.
Instead of a diagnostics, they in turn consulted a website, and simply replace the Fuel pump Relay switch, the vehicle started right up and they felt it was ok to go.

I just attempted to dive it again, two hours after I have brought it home from the mechanic, and the same thing has happened.

The engine will turn over, but it will not start. Now I am not a rocket scientist, but a simple Master electrician, when a relay, fuse. Or such goes out, that cuts the path of electricity, the item aforementioned will not work intermittently, so my question is. What can be the problem that keeps the vehicle from starting all the time, instead of intermittenly?
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 10:49 PM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 11:46 PM
COWGIRL4777
I just posted a question about my 2000 Saturn doing the same thing to me, and I am convinced that it has something to do with the anti-theft device on my car. My car usually starts after 5 to 15 minutes of letting it sit without the key in the ignition.
The problem is very frustrating because I cannot get an answer as to how it can be either disabled, or finding a reset button to get it going any faster.
A lot of people do not believe me when I tell them that it has to be a factory installed anti-theft device, but since it turns over fine, and starts wonderfully within a certain amount of time, nothing else can justify this strange occurrence.
I wish that someone would give me a reasonable solution to solve this annoying problem before my car leaves me sitting patiently waiting again any time soon.

Good luck.
Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 3:21 PM