1996 Saturn SL2 Heater stops blowing when temp outside IS F

KGEORGE718
  • 1996 SATURN SL2
My service light came on and the heater stopped blowing air. The next day the service light was off and the heater fan worked again. I took it to the shop and they said the coolant level was good.
This didn't happen again until the temperature dropped below freezing again. The service light came on again and the heater fan stopped blowing. The next day the light was off and heater fan was blowing again. Is there something that would cause this to happen only when it is below freezing?
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 10:32 AM

SATURNTECH9
Ur talking about the inside blower fan that blows air thru ur vents right?And everytime its below freezing it doesnt work?I cant think of anything that would cause that. Next time that happens turn the blower on high and under ur passenger side dash is the blower motor try hitting that with ur hand and the blower on high see if that helps start it up. Also what code do u have u said the check engine light is comming on.
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 12:15 PM