1993 Saturn SL2 Problem

• 3 POSTS
  • 1993 SATURN SL2

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I've learned that you guys on this site is very smart but I already have 3 questions that haven't been answered so I really don't know for sure. I have never got a response since I joined this site. Anyway, here's my problem again. My engine fan doesn't come on. My car can over-heat at idle if I'm in a traffic jam and it only takes about 5 minutes or so. I need those fans to work. I checked the maxifuses and instrument fuses and they are fine. Thats a start anyway. Yall know exactly what a underhood relay looks like. I took it off but can't tell if its shot because its not transparent. The prongs looked okay. I really don't think the relay is what it is but I understand that would be the first thing to check(which I will replace of course). Where would you guys go from here?

Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM

First of all put that cooling fan relay back in they hardly ever fail. Does ur a/c clutch kick in when u turn on the a/c meaning when u turn the a/c on does they center of ur a/c compressor spin?If so when u turn ur a/c on does ur cooling fan come on?Also do u have a multimeter or test light?

Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 9:35 PM