2002 Saturn SL1 My car won't start!

TATERCAKE33
  • 2002 SATURN SL1
I accidently left my lights on, my battery went dead. Before I could get my manual out to read how to properly jump my saturn, my loving boyfriend had already hooked up the jumper cables to his running camry and tried to start my saturn. It didn't start, but when he came around the front of my car, he noticed and smelled smoke coming from behind the manifold. It smelled electrical! We unhooked everything, and hooked everything back up by the saturn manual. Which mean light and radio off and don't start either car till everything is hooked up. It never would start. We left it hooked up for 20 minutes to no avail! Help!
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 9:00 PM

You sure when he jump start the car he didn't hook the jumper cable backwards? If so you got a serious short circuit within the electrical system.
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 9:28 PM
TATERCAKE33
Yes I'm sure he didn't hook the cables backwards, I asked him and he confirmed that. What else could be wrong? I'm so worried!
Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 6:34 PM
You need to seek professional help ( It smell electrcial ) could be any part of the electrical system that shorted out.
Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 9:24 PM