2002 Saturn SC1 No start

MACRED
  • 2002 SATURN SC1
My car won't start. I have power and it can turn over but immediatly stalls. We changed the fuel filter and plugs and wires that were mucky. Thinking of the fuel pump but it has perfect pressure. Not sure about a head gasket so we took it in to the shop!

Codes-B2960, B2958, U1000- something with the BCM.(I've been reading your site)

As well the work order shows u1016-no communication with ABS, ?Trans, Engine CC power management mode, engine stall

Does this make sense to anyone?
Not yet diagnosed by the shop and hoping we can fix it ourselves.
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 5:31 PM

SATURNTECH9
The reason it's not starting is because of the b2960 and the b2958 you have problem's with your pass lock sensor or the wiring or the body control module. When you have problems with your pass lock system the injector pulse is disabled so new fuel get's in your engine no start. You also have some communication code's I can give you the trouble tree's for them only problem is you will need a scanner that read's body control module live data. That's not your run of the mill scanner at the auto part's store. It's an expensive one so I think your best bet is to just take it to the shop unless you want to invest in a lot of money on a professional scanner and fix it yourself.
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 7:33 PM
MACRED
Hey car pros!
After too long a process, the car infact had to have the passlock sensor replaced and the cylinder changed as it was worn. I guess the stearing colom being loose and a bad key made the cylinder wear.
You guys made great on your advice. I did have a dealership reprogram and replace the parts.

Thanks again.
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 4:04 AM