STALLING CAR

2004 Saturn L300

Frank1964

August, 20, 2010 AT 1:05 PM

2004 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

car shut down at idle after about an hour started back up got about a half a block when it shut down again. Couple of days later Itook it auto zone ran a diagnostics scan. Two codes came up P0700 tcm requested nil. Tcm has detected an emission related fault. P0727 poor conection between tcm and pcm, failed tcm or pcm, open or short circuit condition. Saturn dealership say's I need a level two scanner to properly diagnose that these conditions are but a sympton of real problem. Which could be an ignition dump or right side left side cylinder dump.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

August, 20, 2010 AT 1:44 PM

You could just have a bad crank shaft position sensor. Do you you have a multimeter that has ohm's reading's on it?

Frank1964

August, 21, 2010 AT 8:01 PM

No I don't both of the ones I have are amps and volts but I may be able to get one that reads in ohms. Right now the car seems to be ok but I am concerned that it will do this again. A multimeter is certainly less then what the dealer wants to diagnose.

saturntech9

August, 21, 2010 AT 9:23 PM

Alright let me know when you get a ohm's meter and I will give you further instruction's.

Frank1964

August, 25, 2010 AT 9:16 AM

Ok I have a multimeter that reads in ohms what do I do. T Thanks.

saturntech9

August, 25, 2010 AT 1:57 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2004_saturn_L300_crank_sensor_1.jpg

I posted a diagram of where the crank sensor is follow the wire up to the engine compartment when it doesn't start where the wire's are going into the crank sensor there will be 3 pin's on the sensor but only two wire's to the sensor.Where the purple wire and the yellow wire line up to the pin's on the sensor you will check the ohm's value it should be 800-1200 ohm's so put the ohm's meter on 2k scale to check it.Let me know what you find.