2002 Saturn L200 Car doesn't start

IACAR03
  • 2002 SATURN L200
(2002 –Saturn-- l200 –) I have been having starting problems lately. When I go to start the car it doesn’t start over. I have power, headlights come on (headlights are auto). I have tried to turn the starter over but I just get a chuga, chuga sound, let it sit five or ten minutes. Then it will turn right over and start. I have had the starter replaced, and alternator tested along with the battery. I also hear the fuel pump engage before starting. Once start the car I have not had any problems with it running. Any suggestions?

Not Happy, IA
Sunday, June 8th, 2008 AT 7:57 PM

JACK42
So it will turn over and not start first thing in the morning? Or it doesnt turn over? Your post confused me on what is happening. If it turns andwont start, have the fuel pressure tested, could bea pump bleeding down pressure overnight and it takes it a litte bit to build it back up.
Monday, June 9th, 2008 AT 7:53 AM
IACAR03
It basicy will either start and turn over running or won't start at all.

If it starts it will usally start again after I turn it off. If it doesn't start it won't start after trying again for sometime. It usally happens on and off.

I had my starter replace (it was bad) and my alernator and battery tested.

Doesn't the fuel get pressured went the fuel pump turns on before the eninge starts?

Only ideas so far are: anti-theft system (passlock) security system and fuel pressure relay
Monday, June 9th, 2008 AT 8:33 AM
JACK42
One more time. When you say "wont start" do you mean wont crank, or wont actually start? If the pump bleeds down, it will trap air in the lines and it takes a littel bit of cranking to build the pressure back up and drive the air out. Does the security light blink when it wont start?
-1
Monday, June 9th, 2008 AT 11:50 AM
JOE_NTRO
I think he is having the same issue as mine. My car will crank over everything is normal. The security light does blink but the car will not fire. If I wait ten minutes the car will start fine. This can happen sitting overnight to go to the store and sitting for 5 minutes.
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 10:50 AM
MERLIN2021
Have you done a relearn on the pass-key?
GM PASS LOCK RELEARN- Ignition to "run" position, try to start and let key return to "run" position
Approx ten minutes security light will go off
Turn key "off" and wait 5 seconds
Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns.
Turn key off, then start it
I'm pretty sur this is Jack's advice on this one?
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 12:42 PM