2002 Saturn L200 2002 L200 won't start

BRUSSEAU
  • 2002 SATURN L200
SOMETIMES my L200 cranks but won't start. Usually the "security" and/or "service" light(s) will be on. Sometimes if you take the key out, and wait 10 minutes & try again it will start fine. Sometimes you have to wait a day for it to start. Each time I've had a problem I took the car to Saturn of Vancouver. 1st they told me it was the ignition module so I had that replaced. The 2nd time I took it in they said it was the catalytic converter so I had it replaced. The 3rd time I took it in they said it was a body control module, so I had it replaced. Now it's doing it again. I'm starting to wonder if I'm paying to have things replaced that were not broken. Saturn said if it's a bad BCM they won't charge me, but if it's something else they I'll have to pay. Does this problem sound consistant with their solutions?
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 2:55 PM

DOCFIXIT
I gather repair 1 & 2 did nothing and repair 3 the BCM did for sometime? So they will replace the BCM no charge? If I have the facts correct then let them replace BCM. Which would have been a better repair # 1
Hope this helps
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 3:16 PM
BRUSSEAU
The problem is sporatic, so it appeared #1, #2 and #3 all worked for a day or two. The BCM was just replaced last week. The next day we started getting the security and engine lights again. Last night it wouldn't start. This morning it started. I'm not sure if the BCM really fixed anything or not. Saturn said maybe it's faulty. I am taking it in tomorrow for a diagnostic test. They wanted to charge me $96 if it turns out it's not related to the BCM but I said "no" so they are doing for free.
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 5:59 PM
STRNDRVR
We have a 2001 L200 that has been having the EXACT same problems. We have had all of the same things fixed to no avail (ignition twice, BCM twice, and catalytic convertor). We finally gave it a shot and had an after market starter removed and didn't have any problems for almost a year.

About two weeks ago, it started happening again. Security and/or service lights come on. Cranks but doesn't start. I'm hearing typing this because it's doing it again! It has done this at least once a day for the last 4 days. I wish I could find a warning signal to know if the car is about to do this.

An added thing we've noticed this time around is that the "trunk open" light won't go off, so we can't use our key fob to lock the car doors. This is a new symptom.

If you find any help, PLEASE post it here and let me know.
Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 AT 12:18 PM