2006 Saturn Ion not starting

SATURN2006
  • 2006 SATURN ION
I have had my saturn since march 2008. I have never had trouble with it starting til winter started. And then only in the mornings. When I turn the key nothing happens no sounds no clicking no evidnece that the engine is even trying to start. This does not happen every morning. If I try long enough it will eventually kick over and then it turns right over like nothing and runs like a dream and no matter how many times after that I start it and stop it will turn over everytime after that. The only other way I can describe what happens when it doesn't start is if I were to try to start it with out the clutch in. Nothing. Other mornings and more often than not it starts right up.
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 1:21 PM

BRIAN 1
Try this, Engine does Not Crank - Starter Solenoid Does Not Click - Monitor Ignition Accessory Voltage - keywords DTC DTCs no start On rare occasions, the ECM may not command the starter relay on, resulting in an engine no crank concern with no DTCs. When in the crank position during the concern, the Starter Relay Command on the Tech 2 will display "Off" even though the Crank Request Signal displays "Yes".

Recommendation/Instructions:
If the SI diagnostics do not isolate the cause of this concern, monitor the Ignition Accessory Signal Parameter on the Tech 2 during the concern. This parameter should display "Off" when in the crank position and "On" when in the accessory and run positions. If it reads "On" while in the crank position, monitor the accessory voltage circuit from the ignition switch to the BCM during the concern. If voltage is present on this circuit when in the crank position, inspect the circuit for a short to voltage with both ends of the circuit disconnected. If the circuit is not shorted to voltage, replace the ignition switch for evaluation.

Post back if this works, or what you find.
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 4:30 PM