2008 Saturn Aura Headlight Replacement

• 1 POST
  • 2008 SATURN AURA

2008 Saturn Aura 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 15000 miles

On the 2008 Saturn Aura XR how do you get access to replace the H11 or 9005 headlight bulbs? There are no instructions in the manual, and short of taking the front end apart, I can't see a way to access them?

Subsequently I've read that you need to remove the front grill and front bumper to gain access to the bulbs!With 2008 engineering, can this be true? If so, the people responsible for this design and the approval of this design should be fired and banned from ever working in this industry again. Wake up! Light bulbs regularly burn out and require replacement, having to go to the dealer and have a certified mechanic with years of training replace a bulb is as demeaning as it gets! Please tell me I'm wrong and that there is an easier way then disassembling the front end of my car.

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008 AT 9:58 AM

• 246 POSTS

Unfortunately you do have to partially remove the front bumper cover.
Remove the front bumper cover fasteners from the center and side of the headlamp to be removed, gently pull the fascia forward to allow clearance to remove the headlamp assembly. Remove the three headlamp assy screws, Lift upward and pull the headlamp forward to disconnect the headlamp harness electrical connector. Then twist the bulb out of the socket.

Friday, February 12th, 2010 AT 3:18 PM