2007 Saturn Aura Changing Brake Pads and Rotors

CHUNNE
  • 2007 SATURN AURA
I have 2007 Saturn Aura with 44600 Miles. My question is how often do I need to change my brake rads and/or resurface /replace the rotors? My local Saturn Car Dealership had to resurfaced my rotors at 8000 miles, at 10500 miles, replace the pads and resurfaced the rotors again at 12143 miles and now at 44600 miles, the dealership is telling me that my brake pads need to replaced and another possible resurfaced of my rotors. Is this common or usual?
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 9:32 AM

DOCFIXIT
Nope I'd try an A.S.E. Certified shop. Dealer pading bill or your braking alot.
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 2:00 PM
CHUNNE
Yes, I completely agree with you. Thank you for taking the time out to respond.
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 2:10 PM
PSIMMONS5701
My rotors needed replaced at 3,000 miles, then again at 12,000. After approx. 1,000 miles, rotor noise would start again. Rear brakes needed replaced at 25,000 miles. Someone advised that I stop using my emergency brake, which I always used faithfully. Since then, no more brake replacements or rotor noise. I now have 45,000 miles.
+1
Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 AT 9:40 AM
SKOOBEJOHN
Our 2007 Aura SR has had the breaks worked on multiple tmes mainly under warranty we lived around hills and the rotors would always distort and wabble every 5000-6000 milesthe rotors and pads have been replaced we are ready to replace them again out of our own pocket with drilled and slotted rotors to ee if that will help. We are also running the larger 18" wheels and tires the same size as stock the brakes look tiny in them, the next option is a biger break setup for our car to alleviate the problem.
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 AT 1:08 AM
AA1
Whatever you do on the Saturn aura's do not let the dealer use oem slider pin boots they are garbage, I put aftermarket ones and relubricated the slider pins and put on drilled and slotted rotors. I have yet to have another issue with the warping rotors. The Oem ones turn into flimsy rubber with a few weeks of use, the after market ones on my car as good as new. I bought new slider pin boots at Autozone. I had to do this to front and back of my car no longer have uneven brake wear either front or back. It was wearing uneven when I bought the car also.
Saturday, August 18th, 2012 AT 4:17 PM