I have a 1987 Saab 900S, the other day it overheated ( coolant bubbling inside the tank and smoking) my fan on the passanger side had shorted out, I say this because the fan was melting and smoking. I unhooked the fan let her sit and cool and drove home ( about 45 miles) with no problems. I replaced the fan, I have plenty of coolant in the resivor, a charged battery and a full tank of gas, but now the engine just cranks and if it kicks over it just sputters and then dies. Could the over heating damaged more than I can reasonably repair? Any suggestions on what to check or repalce?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006 AT 1:06 PM