2006 SAAB 9-2X THROTTLE ISSUE

• geekender
  • 2006 SAAB

2006 Saab 9-2x Manual Transmission 2.5L Engine 30,700 Miles

A couple of weeks ago my check engine light came on and the cruise started blinking. I called the dealer to let them know and they said that they had never heard of this. By the time I got them on the phone, they lights had gone out. I thought, no big deal and I will have them check it later.

Today, my family and I were headed for a Sunday meal and the car acted as if it weren't getting any fuel. The lights all came on again and as I pressed the gas (floored) it wouldn't go past 2500 RPM. We called roadside assistance and I moved the car off the road and by the time the phone call had ended the car was working as if nothing had happened. I have read that the Subaru Impreza (same car evidently as the Saab 9-2x) had an ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) for the 2006 model year that acted up. My question is does this sound like that issue and are there any resolutions or am I looking in the wrong direction?

Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 12:47 PM

• mnthny4
  • 616 posts

Vehicle going into what is callled limp home mode, possible cause faulty throttle body assembly, after check wiring & connectors.

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 3:18 PM