Hard starting

V VINCE GOHEEN
  • 1992 TOYOTA PICKUP
  • 110 MILES
We use to be able to get in start it up and drive away, then I noticed it needed to warm up some then it would drive or the pedal might go to the floor and shut off the engine. Like now one day of draining the battery trying to start it. I tried starting fluid, nothing, recharge. I did the full throttle cranked it over and it would run at 450 rpm but at full pedal or it would shut off. It is a motorhome built of a 1992 Toyota truck one ton frame. Please, not head gaskets, replaced plugs and it does have spark and I do not believe you sloped a timing belt 45 psi fuel after the filter, sprays at banjo fitting. Can it be a fuel pressure regulator? Filter was clean so fuel lines should be fine I would assume. Are the injectors prone to sensor damage or suggestions. Thank you
Monday, June 26th, 2017 AT 4:04 PM

KEN

I would start by running the codes to see what comes up so we can get started int he right direction.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/toyota-trouble-code-definitions-and-code-gathering-method-1990-1995

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-cranks-excessively-before-starting

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 AT 6:31 PM
V VINCE GOHEEN
No codes given. As I said it will start at full throttle, and will get up to temp running on all cylinders, but @ low rpm, if put in gear ( auto transmission) I bet it would die, I did feather it half throttle to full throttle and it once came up to full throttle, I backed off not to over rev the engine it went back to as mentioned low rpm. But no codes. Filter was changed I can see thru the old filter a screen mess, clean after I blew it out by mouth. My only thought not knowing much. Regulator, all the injectors. As said sprays at all banjo fittings, New plugs, old looked good, has to be lack of fuel. Right? Any known sensors I can jump or suggested go bad? Thanks
Monday, July 3rd, 2017 AT 12:36 PM
V VINCE GOHEEN
Does the air flow meter have a test? It did back fire and blew off that intake tube to intake to it?Mass air flow or the one at butterfly? Culprits?
Monday, July 3rd, 2017 AT 12:38 PM
KEN
Yep, that's where I was going to go next, it is difficult to check the MAF because the values can be off enough to create a problem but if you don't have a good one to test against you will never know.

See if the air door moves freely inside of the sensor.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 AT 11:02 AM