CAR MAKING HIGH PITCH SQUEEKY NOISE!

1998 Renault Clio

cryingcoffee

November, 12, 2009 AT 6:00 AM

Noises problem
1998 Renault Clio Manual 67000 miles

Please please please help, this is my first car and I have just got it for 1 week. So not good.

Please try to explain in simple language as well because I don't know anything about cars!

So, a few days ago when I was driving around the block my bf (who sitting in the car with me) said he heard a high pitch squeaking noice, but apparently it went away soon - I my self didn't even notice any of it!

Then, yesteday, I took the car out on the road. It was fine until when I was half way home, when it started making loud squeaky noise after I just started going from a traffic light. When I sped up and changed to 3rd gear, the noise was gone.

So I got home and parked the car. While I was reversing, noise came back. I then tested it just by going forward and backward (very very low speed). When going forward no noise, when reversing as soon as I release clutch, noise starts. Noise dont go away until the car is completely stopped.

Please help me. What could be wrong with it?

Dave H

November, 22, 2009 AT 6:33 PM

Have th clutch inspected. It may be worn or have oil/fluid leaking onto it !

Dynamat Door Installation
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes