Relay panel under dash right of steering column

YANKEEFRANK
  • 1995 JEEP CHEROKEE
I remove a small black relay instead of the red one that I needed. Now I do not know which slot it goes into.
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 AT 7:52 AM

I hope this will help.
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 AT 8:21 AM
MAXIMILIAM
Yes it helps a bit. However, the diagram you provided is correct to a point. Instead of being the horn relay, I have a blue relay (Chrysler #56007348) that is the dual flasher (which I assume does both hazard AND turn signals)

Regards,

Yankeefrank
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:01 AM
Hi, which Cherokee is it, sport--limited--or what? I would think they would be the same? I'll take another look.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:00 PM
Yes, 93--94, the horn relay is correct. 95--the flasher is in that spot, and the horn relay is in top left empty spot, diagram, no. 5 spot.

I just didn't read far enough in the info.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:12 PM
YANKEEFRANK
Replaced the relay in it's correct spot, still don't know why turn signals don't work.
+1
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:16 PM
Did you check the fuses? Did you check voltage at fuse circuits. Usually the turn fuse circuit goes hot with the key on. The flasher fuse circuit should be hot all the time.

It's possible you will have to check the multifunction switch? If so, make sure you disarm the air bag before working on steering column.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:51 PM
YANKEEFRANK
Going by your drawing, there is NO fuse in number 8 slot. Never been one as there is only 1 contact in the slot. Hazards work, tried a new relay didn't help. Have power in one slot where relay goes nothing in others when turn signal is in left/right position. Everything points to multifunction switch. Just don't understand why it happened all of a sudden.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:57 PM
I'll double-check the diagram.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 8:22 AM
YANKEEFRANK
I know now that the Sport wiring diagram is different than a regular Jeep. The hazards work, the flash to pass works and the wipers work. I tried a new flasher (hazards/signals) and still didn't work. I have tested and removed for inspection all of the fuses. The horn, turn signals and rear window heater relays are on a block under the drivers knees right of the steering wheel column. Any idea?
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 8:38 AM
Our database says fuse block under left side of dash. If our database is wrong about fuse block location and the wiring diagrams are wrong, I'm not sure how to help?

It does show relay block to the right of steering column. I'm not giving up yet.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 11:28 AM
YANKEEFRANK
Fuse block is in the normal spot, above left foot of driver.I wonder if there's any difference if the Jeep was made in Canada.(Just wondering).
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 11:41 AM
In the fuse block to the left, is there a fuse 8--20 amp?

As far as your other question, I'm not sure.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 12:45 PM
YANKEEFRANK
Nothing is slot 8. Never had one.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 12:49 PM
Our database shows a fuse 8 in left fuse box. Either our database is wrong or I'm looking in the wrong place? I've looked at other databases, same fuse 8--20amp.

All I can do is hope the wiring colors are correct from flasher to multifunction switch for turn signals. Then look under the dash for proper wire color going into steering column. Should be multiwire electrical connector where wires go into steering column, check voltage on that wire, key on, turn switch on. If no voltage backtrack the wire.

I'll let you know if I find more info.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 2:53 PM
YANKEEFRANK
That's my next plan, tracing the wires back from the flasher
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:12 PM
Just to add, this diagram says it is for 95 jeep Cherokee sport 4.0L.
+1
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:24 PM
YANKEEFRANK
I agre. Everything I've seen says that's the fuse block, but not the one I have. I can send you a photo if I can have your email address, or if you're on Facebook. Thanks for your help.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:29 PM
YANKEEFRANK
Besides. Stop and think about it, if the flasher relay is under the dash next to the steering column, WHY would there be another flasher in the fuse block.I see that I can add an image.I'll send a photo of the fuse block tomorrow..
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:35 PM
Nothing against anybody, but, I don't give out my email address. Not on facebook.

If you can save image on your desk top, is there an "add image" link at the bottom of your post. You can add image that way.

Or you can use an image host to add image on your post. I'm not an expert at any of this computer stuff.

I doubt if picture will help me, at the moment, I'm lost.

I don't suppose you have an owners manual for your vehicle? The owners manual should give you picture of fuse block and tell what fuse does what.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:49 PM
YANKEEFRANK
I see where I can add an image, I'll try to send one tomorrow.. As for the owners manual, it hasn't been much help. It also says 20amp fuse in slot 8, but since I never removed one there's never been one.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:52 PM