Recent Car trouble

MICHELLE51
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My car recently stop on me. I was driving, and it made this screeching noise. I put it into gear, and it would not move. The check engine light hasnot come on. My transmission fluid hasnot leaked or anything. My wheels move, but when I tried turning the steering wheel of the car, the wheel makes a screeching noise as well. The car starts fine. People has told me it was my rack and pinion, transmission, wheel barrel, and belt. I just want to know the real problem because people have told me so many different case scenarios with my ca
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 AT 9:59 AM

It may be your power steering belt making noise or belt for accessories. Have the belt and tensioner checked as recommended replacement is 60,000 miles. Also check your power steering fluid. From your description it sounds more like a power steering problem than anything and a local pro should look at it.
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 AT 12:02 PM
MICHELLE51
Thank you for your input, and will have that look into.
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 AT 12:40 PM