Rear brake drum loose

MARS1022
  • 2005 PONTIAC VIBE
Was rotating my tires last night so I put my spare on the back left side and moved it to the front and when going to put the other tire on the rear the spare came off fine but I noticed when tightening the lug-nuts by hand the wheel would spin freely. I didn't think much of it until I went to lightly tighten them with my 4 way while it was still jacked up and then I realized the tire spinning like that had never happened before. The point it was spinning from was the front facing side or the drum. A weird noise is now coming from that brake and I'm worried I'm going to lose fluid and pressure.
Thursday, November 7th, 2019 AT 7:20 PM

KASEKENNY1
Depending on the noise, it may just be the linings dragging or they are coming apart. Either way I would just take the drum off and inspect them. If they just need to be adjusted, you can do that by spinning the adjuster that I highlighted in the attachments.

If you can, get a recording of the noise so we can hear it and that may be able to tell us what it is.
Thursday, November 7th, 2019 AT 7:59 PM