REAR ABS LIGHT AND TURN SIGNALS

1989 Ford Ranger

kgdavis

October, 16, 2013 AT 7:53 AM

I have a problem with my ranger pickup it is a 2wd every so often my rear abs light will light up while driving and when it does the turn signals will stop working, at this time I am also assuming that the brake lights also aren't working because of them being the same wire to the back. The multifunction has been changed with no success. Are they tied together somewhere it does not blow any fuses

saturntech9

October, 16, 2013 AT 8:00 AM

Anything is possible but the first thing we need to do is read the abs codes next time the abs light cones on. Then let m know the exact abs codes not descriptions.

Wrenchtech

October, 16, 2013 AT 9:00 AM

Saturntech9 is right about how these things should be approached but let me add this. I have seen many, many of these on RWAL Fords and 90% of the time it is the speed sensor in the top of the differential. They have a very high failure rate and the sensor is less that a shop will usually charge to to read anti lock codes so it may be worth a small gamble to replace it.

ABS Computer Replacement
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease