Accelerates slow and supper sluggish

AMAZ88
  • 2000 NISSAN XTERRA
It started to not want to go when I would start going from a stop and the rpm's needle started being weird as well. It has been being super sluggish. I was told my clutch was going out. That happened for the last couple weeks it started getting worse the other day. Then yesterday it smelled like it was getting hot, but I was not sure if it was my car. Today same thing happened, but I knew it was my car today then engine light came on. After it cooled off I checked coolant and it seems fine does not seem to be leaking anything. But I checked the oil and to me it smelled like it might has fuel in it what could be the problem?
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 6:16 PM

AL514
Have the vehicle scanned and see what code is stored first, if the clutch is going bad it will give you a burning smell because the clutch disc is just thinned out so much its just spinning in there getting hot. The car is not moving because the clutch is probably just slipping, that would explain your tachometer going up and the car not going anywhere, trying to drive it is just going to make things worse.
+1
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 AT 10:14 PM