1995 Pontiac Transport van 3.1

NEATAPPEARANCES
  • 1995 PONTIAC TRANSPORT
My 95 transpor van has recently started to cut out when decelerating to a stop - the engine starts hiccuping from 40km down to about 10 km then it turns off. It only happens once the vehicle has been driven for a while so I'm assuming its related due to heat.

If I switch into neutral, it will keep running, however once I change back into drive, it immediately dies (feels like using a manual transmission and putting it into gear without pushing on the clutch). In order to get it going again I have to start it in neutral, put it into gear so that it rolls forward (while engine dies) then repeat the procedure a few times with it rolling faster each time. Keep foot on gas and then it drives wonderfully.

Transmission fluid is full but slightly off colour. Otherwise vehicle drives very well.
Question: Could this be as simple as a pressure vent on the transmission being stuck?
Saturday, January 7th, 2006 AT 10:03 PM

JACK42
Might be the TCC solenoid
Wednesday, January 11th, 2006 AT 3:47 PM