REBUILT LS6

2000 Pontiac Trans Am

redws6

November, 25, 2009 AT 3:51 PM

2000 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 50 miles

Just rebuilt my ls1 with a ls6 block new pistons, bearings, arp bolts. Etc. Stock 241 heads with 918 springs, headers, ls6 intake, pp throttle body, HD 7.4 pushrods, and tr224 cam.

I can start the car with good readings and let it idle in the driveway up to 40mins. Drive down the road for about 10 mins any speed any gear, before hearing a faint tapping that gets so load other people can hear it. If I stop at a street light or hold the clutch in til the rpms drop the idle and I can then proceed to drive for another few miles before the ticking comes back. Do the same thing over and over til I get back home and let it idle in the driveway with no sound. Can even rev the car in the driveway with no ticking.

Any idea what is going on? New plugs, msd wires, and mobile 1 10w-40. This motor has only about a handfull of miles! No loss in power can spin tires in 3rd with part throttle and oil pressure is 42 psi idle 65-70 at good throttle

F150

1 ANSWER

K1500 Wont Run?

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper