2006 PONTIAC TORRENT STARTING

• Brennen67
  • 2006 PONTIAC TORRENT

Warranty problem
2006 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 42000 Km's

I'm also having trouble with my starting on our 2006 Torrent. We've purchased it from new in 2006, and since day one have occassional problems with it cranking but not firing completely. When given a little gas it fires up. Taken it back to the dealership and mentioned it with each oil change & scheduled maintenance, they claim they cannot duplicate the problem (I'm reluctant to believe that due to other minor warrenty repairs that I've questioned). Over this weekend, while driving 2.5 hrs to a near-by city our temp gauge didn't move at all. Now, I know it was cold (-27C) but not to budge at all in 2.5 hrs of running is not normal. Parked, returned to the vehicle 4 hrs later, same starting problem, starter squeels (like starters do when turned over to long), stopped 1/2 hr later for gas, same issue, drove home, again temp guage doesn't budge. Today same issue with starting, same temperature outdoors as yesterday, temp guage moved, but starting hasn't improved! I'm reluctant to drive it anywhere right now because I'm worried I'll end up stranded from it not starting. This cannot be normal!

Sunday, February 15th, 2009 AT 5:16 PM