1997 Pontiac Sunfire trying to identify part

IANSNOW88
  • 1997 PONTIAC SUNFIRE
Suspension problem
1997 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Manual

im trying to find out what the name of a part is. Its on the front and connects to what looks like to me the bottom of the brake rotor. it could be described as flat but not too wide maybe 3-4 inches at widest point and connects at the bottom of the rotor and goes to two other points more towards the center of the car. one point is connected with a nut, the other looks like it has a loop on the end that has a bar going through connecting it. It is the most bottom part connected to the rotor. I think it may be the lower control arm. My current one was bent in a hydroplane accident where i hit a curb only with my right front wheel making a left hand turn. it causes the tire to sit at an angleand makes the tire wear on the outside tread. also my strut, i believe, was knocked out of position making a regular tir impossible to fit. I can tell it is out of position by looking under the hood where it is bolted. My main concern is identifying the first part to get a roundabout estimate.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/253779_controlo_arm_1.jpg

I think this is it. Would this part connect under the rotor at one point? if so its the part
Thursday, October 9th, 2008 AT 9:01 PM

KEN
It is called a lower control arm.
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 AT 3:06 PM