• elec101
  • 2002 Pontiac Sunbird

2002 Pontiac Sunbird 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I've had the car in twice to the shop and they can't find or duplicate the problem.
- After a rain storm the headlights will sometimes not come on and now the windshield wipers will not work.
- When this happens I will hear a click (as if the door locks have been engaged - this does not happen) but the front head lights will turn off (running, dash and tail lights still work) twice windshield wipes have stopped working.
- The last time this happen the wipers started to work stopped and you could hear the motor straining.
- When I turned the lights off the motor noise stopped but wipers did not work remained partial up on windshield. It was still raining when I did this.
- I turned the car off waited about 10 mins rain had stopped and I tried again the lights and wipers worked.

The garage has put the car through car wash and left a hose running to simulate rain but they can't duplicate the problem or find a loose connection. I'm at a lose as to what to do, I don't want to be on the highway during a rain storm and have no wipers.

If anyone has a suggestion or has had the same problem please let me know.

Thank you

Sunday, August 24th, 2008 AT 10:24 AM