SE

1992 Pontiac Sunbird

Annie6246

January, 23, 2007 AT 8:45 AM

Recently I had the speedometer head replaced and when the mechanic put it in he also reconnected my ABS. My ABS doesn't work properly and I had unplugged it at the firewall under the hood, but was wondering if there is another place I need to check for a connection? The reason I ask this is because after getting the car back, with the ABS hooked up, I was driving down the road and went to stop at a red light and something under the hood popped and my car started jerking and shaking and then my ABS light came on. I pulled off the road and again unplugged my ABS at the firewall, but now when I have traveled about 20 miles and my car is warmed up, every time I apply my brakes, my car starts sputtering and dies. The only way I can prevent this from happening is to downshift when coming to a stop, but I can never fully engage my brakes. Thanks for the help.

Jack42

January, 23, 2007 AT 11:45 AM

Have the computer scanned for codes. This should give us a place to start. Usually the ABS wont cause the engine to stall.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element