IGNITION

2005 Pontiac

a.lyons

March, 16, 2010 AT 12:49 PM

2005 Other Pontiac Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

I recently had my serpentine belt replaced in my car along with other repairs, and ever since I got the car back I have been having new problems. The Fan switch will not work on setting 1 or 3, but is fine on 2 and 4. Also since this belt has been replaced, I am not able to take the key out of the ignition.
It started with having to put the car in gear, and then park a few times before the ignition lock would allow me to take the car out of accessory, but now it won't allow me to even do that. I have had to start using my spare key, but now I'm getting a message that says the Battery Saver mode is on.
I don't want to take this back to the Dealership, because I have consistently had problems with them, and it seems very convenient that one day I'm not having any problems, and now after they fix it, it's another issue.
Is there a chance these problems are related?

Changing Drive Belt

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX