1999 PONTIAC MONTANA CAR STALLS

• deallieb
  • 1999 Pontiac Montana

1999 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 220000 miles

I hope you can help with this one. I recently replaced all 3 ignition coils in my 1999 Pontiac Montana. About a month later it started acting like it was gonna stall. Then one day I turned the corner and car stalled. I could get it to turn over but it wouldn't start. Eventually some guys came over and got it started and I made it home a few block away. After that I left it parked and drove it a few blocks a couple days later. It would still hesitate, mailnly when I pressed the breaks. My brother in law replaced 3 of 6 spark plugs because that all he could reach. Now when I turn my car on the engine light flashes and when I put my car in any gear it stalls/ shuts off. Does this have anything to do with replacing the ignition coils? I also know I need a tune-up, Any ideas? Thanks!

Thursday, June 10th, 2010 AT 11:49 PM

• mmprince4000

Remove ignition module and have it checked at most autoparts stores, if OK, then have fuel pressure checked.

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 7:55 AM