LOSE HORSE POWER

1989 Pontiac Lemans

james316

June, 27, 2008 AT 10:17 PM

1989 Pontiac Lemans 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99162 miles

When I go down the highway and the car is under a load going up hill then when I go down hill it almost feels like im running out of gas it lugs and looses horse power I have to pump the gas peddle a few times to get my hores power back the check engine light comes on and thats when it acts like its going to die. I replaced the oxygen sencer, the map sencer. It fixed it for about a month now its started back in and the two sencers are still working. So please if anyone has any ideas please help. And where is the PCV valvle is?

ineedlemanshelp

November, 19, 2008 AT 5:49 PM

I can't help much, but I'm having the exact same problem, and I replaced the map sensor and the O2 sensor. My mechanic said it might have something to do with the thermostat, but he's checked that and he said it was fine. He's also greased a module, which help a little bit, and we regapped the spark plugs, worked for about a day.
My temperature gauge isn't moving out of the checkered zone, is that the case with yours as well?

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Pressure Test