2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

JMILLICHAMP
  • 2005 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Was driving the other day and realized that my automatic lights weren't coming on. Brights work as well as the fog lights, but not the regualr headlights. I was told that it was probably a popped fuse. I don't have the owner's manual because when I bought the car it didn't have one. I opened the fuse panel on the passenger side but I don't see anything that looks like it pertains to the headlights. What fuse should I replace? Is it a fuse problem?
Saturday, December 26th, 2009 AT 1:37 PM

CRZYDRVR
There may be a fuse panel in the engine compartment. Has that been checked yet?
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 1:46 AM
JMILLICHAMP
Yeah, I found the fuse box under the hood. Both of the fuses appear to be fine. I guess the relay might be the issue?
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 1:58 AM
CRZYDRVR
Check the power and grounds to make sure they are good. Have you tried another bulb to make sure that the low beams are not jusy burnt out? Sometimes people do not realize that they have a headlight burnt out, then the other blows. It sounds silly, but I have been doing repairs for quite some time and at this point in time not much can surprise me. But any way put a test light to the fuse when it is in the panel. If good, test for power & grounds out to the plug in.
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 12:43 AM
JMILLICHAMP
Ok, I checked my fuses and they were fine. I went to O'Reillys to get a new relay, but they don't carry the relay for my model but they told me that the relay for the A/C unit is the same, so if I wanted to test it I could just swap them, so that's what I did and the lights still didn't work, but my A/C did. So it's not the relay either. The guy at O'Reilly's asked me if my lights had possibly burnt out, but unless they both went at exacty the same time I doubt that. I know that I didn't have a burnt out bulb because I always end up parking behind a car on my street at night and I can see the reflection of both of my headlights.
So now I'm really puzzled. I'd rather not drive the car to the dealership because they love to charge ridiculous amounts for petty things.
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 8:48 AM