2003 Pontiac Grand Prix cranks very slowly almost not start

SPEACHEY
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 killometers

hi my car was running perfectly fine until 2 days ago I went to start my car and it was cranking very slowly. Then eventually would only "click" when I turned the key. We were able to jump start it after letting charge for a while. And was able to start later that night. But was hesitant to start. Yesterday morning samething. Last night came home from work and tried starting it and it again cranked very slowly almost dead and I notice my clock had reset itself and the interior lights wouldnt work till I eventually kept trying cranking it till it turned over and then the radio and light clock worked. If I turn it off and try to start it again it is hesitant to start but it will turn over and the crank isn't slow. Its only when I leave it for long period of time (ex overnight) that it cranks extremly slow? And I've only had to jump start it the once.
my thoughts are my battery? Please any advise
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 9:04 AM

Could be the battery, alternator and a bad starter
+1
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 11:00 AM