FUEL

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

adiamsmith

May, 3, 2010 AT 11:38 PM

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89899 miles

So the last couples of weeks ive been going in and out of shops but nobody really takes time to look some further into the problem. First time when the car cut off I have been told the battery cable was loose but after tighten it up few weeks later same problem and on top the temperature went up high to the red bar even further so the next day the coolant system got fixed, had fixed the front bearring seals due to the loud noise driving and it was running fine and the temperature didnt go any higher again. But now the car died on me again so I let the guy put new wires in it that are conacted to the battery or something and he also told me that there is something with the fuel pressure or so and it needs to be fixed because the car is leaking bad and the temperature is still going up higher and doesnt stay on 210 or below like its suppose to. I am totally lost and have tried out several places and everytime I hear a different problem.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

mmprince4000

May, 5, 2010 AT 7:46 AM

Did he say the fuel pressure was low due to a leak?

The cooling system may be an issue with the cooling fans, one engine get to 210 or so the cooling fans should start.