2000 Pontiac Grand Prix aiming headlights

JEFFROSSCO
  • 2000 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I think I need to aim my headlights (down )how do I do this?
Friday, December 25th, 2009 AT 4:15 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Before removing the headlamp bulb or disturbing the headlamp in any way, note the current settings in order to ease headlamp adjustment upon reassembly. If the high or low beam setting of the old lamp still works, this can be done using the wall of a garage or a building:

Park the vehicle on a level surface, with the fuel tank about 1 / 2 full and with the vehicle empty of all extra cargo (unless normally carried). The vehicle should be facing a wall which is no less than 6 feet (1.8m) high and 12 feet (3.7m) wide. The front of the vehicle should be about 25 feet from the wall.
If neither beam on one side is working, and if another like-sized vehicle is available, park the second one in the exact spot where the vehicle was and mark the beams using the same-side light. Then switch the vehicles so the one to be aimed is back in the original spot. It must be parked no closer to or farther away from the wall than the second vehicle.
Perform any necessary repairs, but make sure the vehicle is not moved, or is returned to the exact spot from which the lights were marked. Turn the headlamps ON and adjust the beams to match the marks on the wall.
Have the headlamp adjustment checked as soon as possible by a reputable repair shop.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_1365.jpg

-1
Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 AT 1:10 AM