2000 Pontiac Grand Prix ABS

VANBURENVJ
  • 2000 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
My ABS light flashes when I start my car. It takes at least twice for me to start my car now and idk why. I just got an oil change transmission was flushed all that stuff. But not this is happening. What does this mean? Every time I turn my car off, (the last 2 times) when I go to restart my engine it does that, the abs light flashes on and off and so do my other lights. My low trac flashes. I cant afford anything to be wrong with my car. *Sigh* So what should I do? This all started after gettin my car oil and everything changed today. Please help. Thank you
Friday, July 3rd, 2009 AT 11:31 PM

MMPRINCE4000
The only way to find out is to have the car scanned with a chassis scanner. It will read ABS codes, it could be as simple as a wheel sensor has worked loose. But only the chassis scanner will tell you.

Autoparts stores only scan Powertrain codes "P", the ABS system will generate a "C" code, so you will have to take it to a garage that has proper equipment.
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 8:49 AM