1997 Pontiac Grand Prix fuel pump

RJCANNON112
  • 1997 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

hi, I need help to find a replacement fuel pump for my moms pontia grand prix 1997 and also, need know if there is someone that sells parts cheaper than 300 dollars for a fuel pump. I was at a stop sign the other day and it spit a couple of times and just died. Never had any problems before, but now there is no gas pressure, but I have spark, . Another funny thing is that the inside fan blower switch for the heater/ac/ect has 5 positions, and when it is "off, or at High" the headlights work fine at nite, but when it is anywhere between 2, 3, 4, then the headlights go completely out. Now what the heck does the fan blower have to do with the dang headlights. And could that be the connected with the car dying out on us? Thank you, please get back to me asap. I do not have a credit card for your time and help on this, but my mom is going to have surgery knee replacement next week, and I will have to take her in for that. If you can help me, I would appreciate this very much cuz I know if I had a credit card and could pay you to at least think on this, it would be worth soooooooo much to me and my mom. Thank you for your time and efforts. And GOD Bless, RJ Cannon
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 4:10 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
First off, hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Now, as for the fuel pump. I suggest first searching your local salvage (junk) yards for the fuel pump. If you just want a brand new one without paying the $300 then the only place I can think of are websites. Websites such as eBay. Com have items much lower than regular stores and eBay is extemely trustworthy as far as buying from their sellers.

The fan/headlight issue sounds like a faulty blower motor resistor. There is no resistance when the fan switch is set to Off or High (5), but there is resistance at the other settings. So basically the volts are going straight through on High but the volts are being reduced on the other lower settings.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 4:23 PM

Sponsored links