1992 Pontiac Grand Prix Fuel Pump or foel filter?

ROUSHMAN40
  • 1992 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I am wondering what is going on with my car, it will start up fine and run for about 4-5 minutes then quit. It will be a liitle while after sitting before it will start up again. I dont know if a fuel pump would do that or if the fuel filter is cloggeg. Would a pump tease you like that before it quits or does it die when its no good?
Monday, March 29th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM

Did you have a check engine light come on or has flashed prior to this problem and when was your last tune-up?

Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark problem:

Cranks but no start condition:

Fuel and Spark:
Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Monday, March 29th, 2010 AT 9:15 PM
RICKLECH
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 4:24 AM