Oxygen sensor

AMAN31
  • PONTIAC GRAND AM
Hi I have a 1999 pontiac grand am 2.4l 4 cyl with 82000 miles. 2 weeks ago my check engine light came on so it took it to 2 different auto parts stores and they hooked it up to the code reader. Both times it came up with the code po141 which is the oxygen sensor. It also says that it is bank 1 sensor 2. Can you tell me which sensor that is and where it is located? Is it an easy fix that I can do my self? Thank so much
Sunday, March 11th, 2007 AT 10:34 PM

STLTHRIOT

Here is the sensor locations for both the 4 and 6 cylinder engines. Make sure you use a factory sensor or the gas mileage will suffer.

Here is a guide to help you see what you are in for.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-oxygen-sensor

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Monday, March 12th, 2007 AT 5:57 PM
AMAN31
Yea I did notice a drop with a cheap sensor. Bank 1 sensor 2 was the one that is the 02 sensor that is the one right after the catalytic converter BTW
Tuesday, March 13th, 2007 AT 7:39 PM