Car won't start x2

SEANOC24
  • PONTIAC GRAND AM
I have a 2002 Grand Am with about 36,000 miles and a four cylinder engine. About three months ago my car would not start. The engine would crank and on rare occasions turn over but then die out right away. I had the car towed in and they replaced the ignition cylinder because they said a sensor had gone bad. I get the car back and it ran well for about 10 weeks before the same thing happened. I took the car in again, and now they are saying it is the body control module. Another $400 fix. I noticied the security light on the dashboard was malfunctioning prior to the first time the car would not start, and it got worse in recent weeks prior to the second time the car did not start. It seems strange to me that two devices like these would go bad on a car about five years old withn three months. What do you think?
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007 AT 7:26 PM

BMRFIXIT
1st Scan the BCM for codes
That will help
2nd you can try to reprogram the ignition and see how long that will last
If it last you about ten weeks or so than may be the BCM is loosing its memory
And need new one (scan for codes )

Its very common on GM
Good luck
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007 AT 7:38 PM