2005 Pontiac Grand Am turn signal

DKSHEALY
  • 2005 PONTIAC GRAND AM
2005 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The clicking sound that the turn signal makes can be triggered by a bump in the road or by using the turn signal but it continues after the turn signal shuts off. Playing around with the 4 way flasher button can shut the noise off but the next bump turns it back on. It's a faster rate than when the turn signal is working. Got an estimate for $300 to replace the switch. Is the turn signal switch the problem and is it something that a good "backyard" mechanic can replace?
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 AT 9:20 AM

When it clicks fast, are any of the lights coming on?
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 AT 10:48 PM
DKSHEALY
The turn signal lights go off. It's just the noise that continues and seems to come from behind the hazard light button on the dask above the radio
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 10:31 AM
I think the flasher is bad. Check with the local parts store, but I think on your year, it is part of the entire signa switch assemely or the hazard switch assembly. Check that and let me know what you find.

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 7:34 PM