2003 Pontiac Grand Am won't start

PAUL MAWAKEESIC
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND AM
Car won't start, put in new batterie, new starter, gas in the car.
Somebody told me it could be the voltage regulator or the alternator, I didn't change the alternator yet.
My question is where is voltage regulator located or could be a fuse or is voltage regulator located in a fuse box?
So need to know asap.

Monday, April 19th, 2010 AT 11:15 AM

The voltage regulator is an integral part of the alternator. As far as the no start, if the battery is good, the alt has nothing to do with it. Is the starter working to crank the engine? Was the check engine light on prior to the problem? If the starter is working, have you checked to see if the engine has spark and fuel?

Let me know.
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 10:12 PM
PAUL MAWAKEESIC
Hi Joe,
yes the starter turns just doesn't wanna start and I didn't check if theres a spark and engine light didn't come on, theres gas in the car, I checked if would spray, gas sprayed out.
So I have no clue whats wrong with it.
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 2:11 PM
When you say gas sprayed out, from where do you mean? Also, I need you to check for spark. If you need directions, let me know. Something tells me you saw gas spray from the injectors which then tells me there is no spark.

Let me know if you need directions.

Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 7:09 AM