2003 Pontiac Grand Am the fuel pump wont engage

METALDRUMMER333
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND AM
I have already replaced the fuel pump in my car and the fuel filter, and checked my relays and there all good. Well when I go to crank the car, my fuel pump wont engage and wen it cranks it will just shut back off because of the fuel pump not cutting on. It runs great it would start and run just fine I mean it turns over and cranks as soon as you turn the key. Can you guys help narrow down what my issue is?
Thursday, November 5th, 2009 AT 7:09 AM

Welcome to the forum, how about the theft system? With the passlock system, it may run for a couple of seconds and cut off. We can track the circuits at the relay, if you want to go that way? Voltage at the load side of relay is hot all the time. Voltage at the coil side of relay goes hot with engine cranking and a few seconds for initial prime. Engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs?
Thursday, November 5th, 2009 AT 8:48 AM