2003 Pontiac Grand Am Car wont stay running

KWALKE083
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND AM
I was driving my car today and it had been running just like normal for the first 20 minutes. All of a sudden, it started chugging a little bit and then it started to slow down and I couldn't push down on the brake at all and when I pushed in the gas pedal, nothing happened. I pulled over to the side of the road and the car died. It wouldn't start back up so I let it just sit for about 10 minutes and tried starting it again. It turned over but the same thing happened where I couldn't push in on the brakes and nothing happened when I pushed down on the gas pedal. Then it just died again. Any ideas what might be wrong with it?
Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 AT 12:50 PM

MMPRINCE4000
Is your check engine light on?

Hopefully it is a sensor malfunction, but the only way to know for sure is to scan PCM for codes.

Even if car will not start, sensor malfunctions will store an error code in PCM.

While possible the fuel pump has gone south, it is much more cost effective to try to get a sound diagnosis, rather than throw parts at it.
Friday, December 4th, 2009 AT 8:59 AM