2003 Pontiac Grand Am Car won't start

PAUL MAWAKEESIC
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND AM
Car won't start, I turn the key it cranks and it only backfired couple times and also its -30 with the windchill I don't have a garage or a shed. When it backfired I seen black smoke. Could it be a frozen gas lines I can hear fuel pump, I'm not a mechanic. Thanks!
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 1:28 PM

Welcome, do you use a block heater? Also, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Those temps are too dangerous to work outside.
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 2:28 PM
PAUL MAWAKEESIC
Yes I use block heater, it's always plugged in, theres gas in it and don't know to how check fuel pressure and what kind a gauge do you mean?
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 4:11 PM
I was talking about a fuel pressure gage. Some of the national brand autostores will loan a gage. It screws onto the schrader valve at the fuel rail. With the engine cranking, I'd also check for spark at the plugs.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_grandam_fuel_pressure_test_1.jpg

Tuesday, December 29th, 2009 AT 9:40 AM
PAUL MAWAKEESIC
Thanks,

And When I turn the Ignition Security light comes on
it has anti-theft
Tuesday, December 29th, 2009 AT 7:19 PM
If the lite stays on or flashing, could be an issue. Passlock is an injector disable system. I can't track it down from here.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 AT 9:29 AM