2001 PONTIAC GRAND AM ENGINE WON'T START

• triffe221@windstream.net
  • 2001 Pontiac Grand Am

2001 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126, 00 miles

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT that the engine will crank but will not start. It has always run fine and started with no problems until this. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when I try to start the engine. What would you suggest?

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 7:01 PM

• rasmataz

Cranks but no start condition-do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark issue:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 8:24 PM