1998 Pontiac Grand Am

GRANDAM50
  • 1998 PONTIAC GRAND AM
  • AWD
Hi guys my name is jeff my wife has a 1998 grand am gt I just replaced the upper radiator hose that was leaking, as I was looking for leaks I noticed the heater core outlets had only one hose connected to it and the outer one was not connected at all and water was pouring out at a moderate rate, she bought the car back in 2007 and they claimed the replaced it but since my girlfriend and I travel alot we noticed it now in 2009. Why is there not a outer hose coming out of the heater core?And what can I do to fix it? Can I temporary take off the inlet hose and connect it to a pipe as we did back in mechanic training and just for the summertime because the likely hood is that we will not have the car come winter.I would gLADLY DONATE MONEY BUT I WAS A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT LAST YEAR. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JEFF AND SUE
Sunday, June 28th, 2009 AT 12:36 AM

MMPRINCE4000
You can connect the two heater hose's and bypass the core, of course you woul dnot have heat.

The heater core tube may have broken off, so you will most likely have to replace the heater core.
Sunday, June 28th, 2009 AT 6:53 AM
GRANDAM50
I would just like to know the routing of the outer heater core hose and were it is connected to the engine block or a heater advance control valve. Thank you very much for the response. Jeff
Sunday, June 28th, 2009 AT 11:28 AM