1996 Pontiac Grand Am iT DOES NOT START WHEN IT WANT TO

ASHTON35
  • 1996 PONTIAC GRAND AM
1996 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i START MY CAR UP TO GO TO THE STORE ABOUT 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM HOME. THE CAR DOES NOT ACT UP RUNS FINE.I GET OUT OF THE STORE TO GET IN THE CAR IT DOES NOT START AT ALL. I HAVE TO GET IT A JUMP OUR I HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR OR TWO UNTIL IT START. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO TAKE THE POST OFF THE BATTERY SO IT CAN GET A CHARGE. ONE THING THE BATTERY IS BRAND NEW FROM THE AUTO STORE BUT IT DOES THE SAME THING AS WELL. CAN IT BE THE STARTER OR THE ALTERNATER, OR INGINATION CONTROL MODDULE. CAN YOU ASSIST ME PLEASE
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 1:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. If starter won't even crank, I'd have to be sure the battery has a full charge and the connections are good. Next, I'd have to check the charging system. If all that checks ok, I'd check the purple wire at the starter solenoid, it should be hot, with key in the start position. The feed comes from ignition switch through the neutral switch, for automatic, to starter solenoid. Any testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM

Sponsored links